Jun 29, 2021
Today’s guest is Nic McGrue. Nic
is an attorney at polymath legal PC, where he handles transactional
matters in the areas of syndication real estate business and
entertainment. He received his undergraduate degree from the
University of Washington. At Washington, Nic was a student radio
talk show host, the vice-president of his fraternity, an officer in
the Business Club, and the pre-law club founder.
Let’s dig in to learn more about
finding the right funds for your deals and working with passive
[00:01 – 06:19] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome Nic McGrue to today’s episode.
- Nic shares more about his background and his
- I talk about how we met.
- The Security and exemption of working with
passive investors in real estate.
- Nic talks about the most common exemption and
funds that he is working on.
[06:20 – 16:45] Breaking Down 506c,
506b, Reg A, and Crowdfunding
- The difference and how to choose between 506C
- What allows you to get the most of
- Establishing pre-existing relationships with
- The changing of Crowdfund
- The timing issue on the
- Advantages of Reg-CF.
- SEC max limits
- If you are interested in multifamily and want
to review a sample deal, check out our special download of a sample
deal package on casmoncapital.com/sampledeal,
and join our mailing list to get tips on exclusive investment
[16:46 – 27:04] Crowdfunding Approach
- The difference between crowdfunding vs.
Traditional syndication model.
- How to connect with Nic?
- Why are funds becoming increasingly popular
- Nic answers the common question on how the fund
- The minimum investment amounts for
- Nic talks about how much work are involved
after you get the capital
- The administration work and maintaining the
relationship with investors.
[27:05 – 33:03] The Bull’s Eye
- Apparent Failure:
- Being graduated in 2009 and not getting a job
straight away forced him to make certain decisions that set him up
- Digital Resource:
- To-do list
- Zapier integration App
- Most Recommended Book:
- Daily Habit:
- Current Curiosity:
- I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting.
- Best Place to Grab a Bite in Inglewood
- Final words from me
- How to connect with Nic
“When choosing between 506C and
506B, you want to think about what allows you to get the most of
it.” - Nicholas McGrue.
“The fear of not having an
income will make you do a lot of things and motivate you to do the
thing you really want to do.” - Nicholas McGrue.
“Once you get the capital funds,
the game is not over yet; you still got a lot more to do.” -
You can connect with Nic
on LinkedIn and email to email@example.com.
You can also check out his
website at https://polymathlegal.com.
Thank you for joining us for
another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please
LEAVE A FIVE START RATING AND REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe
button, so you do not miss an episode.
To enhance your multifamily
knowledge and achieve greater success in your business, you can
connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook or check out my website www.casmoncapital.com/.