Jun 18, 2021
Today’s guest is Brian Briscoe,
the co-founder, and principal in the real estate investment firm
Four Oaks Capital. He is also the host of the Diary of an Apartment
Investor podcast, helping aspiring apartment investors become
experienced apartment investors.
He is an active duty marine
Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Marine Corps and is
currently stationed at the Pentagon.
Let’s dig in to learn more about
Brian's inspiring story of how he went from the Military to the
[00:01 – 05:30] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome Brian Briscoe to the show.
- Brian shares more about the background of his
career journey and how he got into real estate.
- The power behind leverage in real
[05:31 – 16:15] How He Went from the
Military to Multifamily
- The reason why he pivoted to multi-family
- Brian shares his plan to focus on four oaks
capital after retiring from the Marine Corps.
- Educational course
- Cashflow concierge
- Brian talks about the market in Georgia and
Carolina and why he chooses to invest there.
- Why he relocate to Idaho falls after he
[16:16 – 29:45] Vetting The Right PM for Your
- Brian talks about where he sees the opportunity
in today’s market, how he approaches it, and gets the
- If you are interested in multifamily and want
to review a sample deal, check out our special download of a sample
deal package on casmoncapital.com/sampledeal,
and join our mailing list to get tips on exclusive investment
- Brian’s experience in managing the 16 up to 80
unit multifamily space and how it is compared to the larger unit
that he manages.
- Vet and approach the right property management,
especially for the mid-size space.
- Executing the business plans.
- The concept and background of the Diary of an Apartment
- How to connect with Brian.
[29:46 – 37:51] The Bull’s eye
- Apparent Failure:
- His second property that never
- Digital Resource:
- Most Recommended Book:
- Daily Habit:
- Current Curiosity:
- I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting.
- That he could do multifamily.
- Best Place to Grab a Bite
- Nando’s Peri-peri chicken
- How to connect with Brian
- Final words from me
“if you're doing that 40 or
50 units, you're very limited to the companies that come in and do
it because the larger companies are going to charge you an arm and
a leg to give you that management that you're asking ”
“Multi-family is a way that
I could basically cut several years of my timeline” –
“The most important thing to
ask your potential PM is, can they execute your business plans.”
You can connect with Brian
on Linkedin or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining us for
another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please
LEAVE A FIVE START RATING AND REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button
so you do not miss an episode.
To enhance your multifamily
knowledge and achieve greater success in your business, you can
connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook or check out my website www.casmoncapital.com/.