Jun 15, 2021
Today’s guest is
Alex Olson, a real estate agent
based in Kansas City, Missouri. He helps all sorts of buyers,
especially those with 1031 exchanges. Alex and his colleague
Logan Freeman have taken real estate brokers to the next level,
developed a proven system to help their clients to identify
cash-flowing deals, develop a trusted team, and ensure that a 1031
exchange is secure.
Let’s dig in to learn more about
buyers representation especially in the 1031 exchange, establish
credibility to brokers and the market growth in Kansas
[00:01 – 07:19] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome Alex Olson to the show.
- Alex shares some context of his background and
his journey in commercial real estate.
- The challenges of agents to step into buyer
representation in commercial real estate.
- 1031 exchange buyers
[07:20 – 14:19] Become a Credible
Buyer and Stand out to The Brokers
- Alex breaks down how to position ourselves as a
credible buyer vs. tire-kicker from the broker
- A pre-approval letter from the financial
- Track record
- Not pretending to know anything about the
- Outline your timeline.
- Spend more time and attention to get to know
- Why we need to stand out to brokers and
- Unique challenges for 1031 buyers.
[14:20 – 30:09] The Market Growth in Kansas
- Alex talks about the best part of the Kansas
- Job growth in Kansas City.
- If you are interested in multifamily and want
to review a sample deal, check out our special download of a sample
deal package on casmoncapital.com/sampledeal,
and join our mailing list to get tips on exclusive investment
- The key spots of growth in Kansas
- The infrastructure development
- The major employers behind the
- The distinct aspect of investing in Kansas City
Market compare to other areas.
[30:10 – 36:10] The Bull’s eye
- Apparent Failure:
- Losing his W2 job last year and turning
full-time into real estate.
- Digital Resource:
- Most Recommended Book:
- Daily Habit:
- Create a daily calendar to make sure I can
complete them and be productive.
- Current Curiosity:
- Office market as an asset class.
- I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting.
- I wish I knew about owner-occupied FHA loans on
- Best Place to Grab a Bite in the Kansas
- How to connect with Alex.
- Final words from me
“Having somebody in your
market that knows the market and filling out all of the aspects is
important .” – Alex Olson.
“Do you know anything about
the market, or are you pretending to know anything about the
market? ” – Alex
“As soon as your deal is
close and property sold is closed, you need to immediately start to
identify properties that are going to be close enough to fix your
exchange deadline.” – Alex Olson.
You can connect with Alex
Linkedin, or via email
Thank you for joining us for
another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please
LEAVE A FIVE START RATING AND REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe
button, so you do not miss an episode.
To enhance your multifamily
knowledge and achieve greater success in your business, you can
connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook or check out my website www.casmoncapital.com/.