Jun 22, 2021
Today’s guests are Luc D’Abreau
and Daisy Serrano. This husband and wife team serve as Managing
Partner for Make It Rain Capital, a private equity multifamily
investment firm focused on acquiring apartment
They now live in Austin, Texas,
and are limited partners in 445 units in Central Texas.
Let’s dig in to learn more about
buyer's representation, especially in the 1031 exchange, establish
credibility to brokers and the market growth in Kansas
[00:01 – 03:44] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome Luc and Daisy to today’s episode.
- Luc shares more about the background on
construction, engineering and beginning investing passively in Real
- Daisy tells about her career in international
education/ counseling and quitting her W2 to go full time into the
[03:44 – 12:56] Transitioning to Real
- Days talks about their transitioning from her
W2 to become passive investors.
- Building a business around their
- Creating the Make it Rain Investment
- Daisy describes their strategy on getting
started investing in Real Estate
- Leveraging their W2
- Taking advantage of podcasting.
- Relying on their close
- Why Luc chose the Texas Real Estate market
- Luc shares their process of moving out and
settling in Austin - Texas.
[12:56 – 28:16] San Antonio and Austin Real Estate
- Luc describes the a pros and cons of each
- Population growing and relocating outside the
- Capitalization on secondary
- Following the path of progress.
- Luc explains his process of making his first
- Due diligence and doing their
- Minimizing the risk by gathering broad
- Daisy shares her experience on getting
introduced to investing by Luc
- Going to their first meetup that now became
- Overcoming the fear of that first
- Investing as a couple
- Fulfilling their commitments
- How multifamily could help to focus on the
important things in life.
- What drives you as a couple, understanding your
- Luc describes their podcast “Make It Rain
- Targeting millennials who want to get involved
- Luc shares with the audience a tool they are
developing to get started investing, check the links
[28:16 – 37:51] The Bull’s Eye
- Apparent Failure:
- Digital Resource:
- Most Recommended Book:
- Daily Habit:
- Current Curiosity:
- I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting.
- Best Place to Grab a Bite
- Final words from me
“As a partnership something
that we hold dear and sacred in our relationship is fulfilling what
we said we were going to do for each other” - Daisy
“You’re able to minimize the risk if you have
more information around the decision you’re trying to
make” - Luc’
You can connect with Luc and
Daisy via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow them on Instagram at
Check their website
Listen to their podcast on Apple
Thank you for joining us for
another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please
LEAVE A FIVE START RATING AND REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe
button, so you do not miss an episode.
To enhance your multifamily
knowledge and achieve greater success in your business, you can
connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook or check out my website www.casmoncapital.com/.