Apr 27, 2021
Today’s guest is a very special
one, especially with the NFL draft right around the corner; we got
Jorge Cordova. He is an NFL Alumni, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist,
and Real Estate Investor. In this episode, we will be talking about
his experience in his sports career to the transition he went
through after being released from the team, and how he figured out
the next step in his life.
Let’s listen to Jorge to learn
from his inspiring life story and how he transitioned to the real
[00:01 – 05:00] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Jorge Cordova.
- Jorge talks about his background.
- Born and raised in San Diego,
- He is a first-generation Mexican in
- Instilled with a hard-working ethic since he
- the first of his high school to earn a division
- He got a full-ride scholarship to the
University of Nevada Reno.
- Jorge shares about his sports career and
- The Jacksonville Jaguars drafted him in the
third round of the 2004 NFL Draft.
- In 2006 he made his first career NFL
- Transitioned to the corporate world and take
another step into real estate.
[05:01– 14:25 What this former NFL Draft Pick
Wishes He Knew
- Jorge shares his experience and some insights
to young athletes that just got drafted.
- Take time to enjoy it, work your butt off
because it will be one of the most exciting times of your life and
- Think about what you can do with the money you
get and put it into something that could continue to
- Jorge shares about the financial advice and
motivation that got him into investing in real estate
- Jorge talks about his first experience in real
estate investing and his break-even point in 2008.
- He dived into multifamily syndication after he
came across Grant Cardone.
[14:26 – 28:14] Taking The Next Step in Real Estate
- Jorge shares some of the questions he got about
taking the next step.
- What are you going to do to make a difference
in the community
- Jorge shares his focus on entering the student
- Improving the style of living and make it
affordable for them too
- The non-profit organization caters to college
- Jorge talks about the hard college life that
- He is using his platform to make an impact on
- Be responsible with the platform and using it
for the benefit of something.
- If you are interested in multifamily and want
to review a sample deal, check out our special download of a sample
deal package on casmoncapital.com/sampledeal, and join our mailing
list to get tips and exclusive investment
[23:45 – 40:15] Transition Period After NFL
- Jorge talks about the transition period after
NFL and how he figured out what the next step is going to
- He shares his first experience with
- He talks about a hard time receiving the truth
of the transition.
- He talks about the motivation to get back
- He went back to school to finished his
- Started a transportation company in
- Jorge shares some advice from his experience,
to take advantage of the opportunity you have and make money
- Creating a haven for athletes to invest with
- Get to know someone to build trust before
[40:16 – 44:47] The Bull’s eye
- Apparent Failure:
- Investing in single-family housing but set him
up for a great experience in multi-family.
- Digital Resource:
- Most Recommended Book:
- Daily Habit:
- Current Curiosity:
- What am I going to be in five years from
- Wish I Knew When I Was Starting
- I wish I knew multi-family, and I wish I have a
mentor at that time.
- Best Place to Grab a Bite in San
- How to connect with Jorge.
“Take time to enjoy it and work
your butt off because it will be one of the most exciting times of
your life and life-changing experience.” – Jorge Cordova.
“Think about what you can do
with the money you get and put it into something that could
continue to grow.”
“As a multi-family investor, you are not only
providing value to that apartment complex but also the neighboring
You can connect with Jorge
on Linkedin or visit his Instagram page.
Thank you for joining us for
another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please
LEAVE A FIVE START RATING AND REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe
button, so you do not miss an episode.
Enhance your multifamily
knowledge and achieve greater success in your business! Let’s
connect on LinkedIn and Facebook. To learn more about our approach to apartment
investing check out our website and get a sample deal today by
clicking this link: casmoncapital.com/sampledeal